Saturday, April 10, 2010

#14 Hermit Thrush



I don't even know what to say, it's been so long.

Thanks Mike for the kick in the pants.

Hermit Thrush. There is a very cool Native American tale about how this bird got the most beautiful song amongst all the birds on the earth, but because he cheated when he found it, he was ashamed and hid from the world in the underbrush of the trees. You can read it here.

I guess they still feel alot of guilt about it, because I don't know that I have ever really heard this bird make so much as a peep, it is so quiet, usually scratching stealthily in the brush underneath the trees, or sometimes sitting quietly on a branch overheard, waiting for us to move on.

One time, Randy asked me what bird I would be. Being a guy, he naturally said he'd be a hawk. Me, I think I am a Hermit Thrush.

No comments:

Post a Comment