Sunday, December 26, 2010

#21: Costas Hummingbird



It felt good just to hold a pencil again. Maybe I'll get back into this in 2011. On sketch paper, about 5"x5"

We are good friends with the Costas Hummingbird, as we always have at least one at our feeder all throughout the year, even though some people tell us it's impossible that they should stick around hot Phoenix all year-round. But they do, at least in our backyard Karob tree, and Randy always calls them "Bob" for Bob Costas, of course. The guys are gorgeous when the sunlight hits their bright purple handlebar mustache, and they are pretty territorial about the juice in that feeder, let me tell you. Fun to watch.

3 comments:

  1. Well, hello! What a gorgeous rendering of a lovely bird. I'm so glad to see you back in the interwebs. I hope you both had a wonderful Christmas, and Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look who sneaked back in with a beautiful holiday treat. I look every day for months only to miss a week with fish in the house and what happens? Wowee. I like looking at this. Please, marm, can I have some more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Get back into this in 2011! I am drooling over your talent. This sketch is sooo beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete