Friday, January 7, 2011

#24 Yellowlegs rev 1.1

I'm going to call this one: Running Out of Paper and Time.



I started it a couple of days ago and haven't felt like sitting back down to fix it, or start over (which is what I absolutely must do, given the grave miscalculation in subject size to paper size. I mean, I ran out of space EVERYWHERE on this!).

For me, Yellowlegs rank among the more interesting shore birds, because they, at least, tend to stick out with those crazy yellow stilts for legs. I'll give it another shot in colored pencil, maybe that will inspire me to do a serious rendition.

2 comments:

  1. It does seem to cry out for color, with a name like Yellowlegs, doesn't it?
    I like how it's almost bursting from the frame, though. Makes you take notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud at your title! I have a friend who always says, "Done is better than perfect." (Although I don't think that applies here, because this looks pretty perfect to me.)

    ReplyDelete