Sunday, January 22, 2012

#31: Graylag Goose


I guess this is another domesticated bird, but we have only seen them in far southern Arizona on a little lake we almost ran out of gas getting to one day in January 2007 - Parker Canyon Lake. I remember we also saw one our first Bald Eagles down there, and it was freezing cold. Here's what it looks like around there:



I thought it would be fun to draw this gray goose in mechanical pencil. But to be honest, maybe it's because I'm out of practice, it was slow going, and I got bored after a couple of hours. I abandoned my drawing and took it into Photobucket, just to spice things up. I have fun with that Photobucket Fresco tool.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I've been napping...

    This is a subdued fellow, but I'm still amazed at the value and texture you capture with just a mechanical pencil; so nuanced.

    ReplyDelete